YES! So excited to be writing this cause that means it is officially December!
- American Apparel Fisherman’s Pullover: I have five of these. Five. Black, Wheat, Burgundy, Dark Grey + Primary Flecks and I just ordered the Navy. These sweaters just get me, you know? I try to limit myself to only buying one (maximum two) a year because I don’t want to get tired of them and then get stuck with all these sweaters, but every year I continue to have to restrain myself. I just…love…them.
- Dr. Martens: I have Black 1460s (these) and Cherry 1461s (these). I’ve only worn the 1461s a few times because I’m still breaking them in and they hurt a freaking lot. I wish they didn’t, I want to wear them forever and always. In the meantime, I’ve been wearing the 1460s a lot more, especially since I spent most of last year breaking them in. I don’t know why I’ve had such a difficult time with them…it is worth it though. I love these shoes. I feel very ME in them. These shoes + a Fisherman Pullover = my outfit if I were a cartoon character.
- Band-Aid Advanced Healing Blister Cushions: So, when I do decide to take my chances and wear my 1461s, I already know I’m gonna need a ton of bandages the next day. I discovered these guys after tearing my feet up in New York this summer. Since then, I almost always have an entire box in my purse. These things are lifesavers.
- Essie Go Overboard: I discovered this polish in my roommate Lauren’s nail polish collection and immediately gravitated toward it. I probably had it on my nails for over half of the month, which, for me, never happens. I know I’ve said this already in this same post but this nail polish is just very me. I never want it off of my hands.
- Khiel’s Lip Balm #1: I made a promise to myself at the beginning of my junior year of college. I said I would begin to downsize immediately on absolutely everything I own. I have a bedroom at college full of stuff and a bedroom at home full of stuff and, frankly, after I graduate, there’s no way I can move all this stuff back into one room, whether that means back at home or somewhere else. Anyway, that meant everything, especially makeup and stuff like that. So, long story but, I’ve been speeding my way through some lip balms and finally got around to this one and I had forgotten how much I love it. I alternate between this and the mango one constantly…unfortunately for my attempt at un-hoarding, these guys are definitely gonna get replaced when I run out.
- Serial: I’m not sure I have to elaborate on this one, especially because I can’t shut up about it but I, along with half of the planet, love Serial. If you are the lone person living under a rock, please fix this and download Serial. Thanks.
- Favorite Movie: Mouchette, directed by Robert Bresson (1967)
Once again, a Robert Bresson film. I haven’t had much time to watch anything (other than X-Files) outside of class and even if I had, Mouchette would probably still be my favorite for the month. Mouchette is like many other Bresson films – pretty dark. It is the story of a a young girl named Mouchette who just has a pretty terrible life, to be honest. Her family situation is pretty bad, her school/social situation is also pretty bad, and then, of course, things manage to get worse. If you can find it, I’d definitely recommend it. Check out this trailer that Jean-Luc Godard created for the film: